Library cards are free to all residents of Burbank, Illinois and persons living within Nottingham Park, Illinois. You may use your Prairie Trails Public Library card at any of the over seventy SWAN libraries. Your card also gives you access to materials only available through the library web site. Library cards are valid for 3 years.
Check out from the library:
- Movies (DVDs and Videos) 18 years old or older
- Music CDs
- Audiobooks on tape or CD
Download from the web site:
Access from the web site:
- View your library record and renew your items
- Request/Hold materials and have them sent to the library
- Request books/articles statewide free of charge through Interlibrary Loan
- Work on your family tree from home (Heritage Quest Database)
- Read Magazines and Newspapers online (Databases)
- Tumblebooks talking storybooks
- And more...
Apply for a Library Card
You may apply for a library card at the library. Your card will be active immediately. You or your legal guardian must present two forms of identification verifying residence at the library's Circulation Department to complete the registration process.
If you are over 18 years of age, visit the library's Circulation Department and present two forms of identification verifying your name and Burbank or Nottingham Park address.
If you are under 18 years of age, your legal guardian must present two forms of identification verifying their name and Burbank or Nottingham Park address at the library's Circulation Department to complete the registration process and receive a permanent library card number for a minor's library card.
How to get a library card: