Use the smartest card - your library card - to receive free or discounted admission at participating Chicago area museums and attractions. We currently offer two programs: Museum Adventure Pass and Explore More Illinois.
- Check the list of participating libraries to see if your library is part of the Museum Adventure Pass program.
- Visit your home library or here current pass availability. Library staff will be able to check on what is available and also check out the passes.
- Check out a Museum Adventure Pass using your library card at your home library. Libraries have a limited number of passes for each participating organization, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be reserved or checked out online or on the phone.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS, and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two or four people may be admitted free per pass, or by carload. If admission is free, another special discount will be offered.
- Passes MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED, are non-transferrable, must be used by the patron checking out the pass, and may only be used once. Patrons may be asked for photo identification and library card to gain admission to the participating museum. Abuse of pass use may result in the patron's suspension from the program.
- Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination. Find out what discoveries await you, get directions to the museum, and review each museum’s pass entry offer, including any restrictions that may apply.
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by our library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues.