Per Governor Pritzker's "stay-at-home" order, the library will be closed through April 30, 2020
All programs and services are cancelled, and all due dates are extended until May 1st. No fines will be incurred.
The Prairie Trails Public Library District is closed due to Governor Pritzker’s Stay at Home Order at least through April 30, 2020. While the library is closed you can access digital materials, classes, and databases through our website. We have listed some resources that currently are free to access, some require a library card.
If your library card is expired, lost, or blocked:
- Library cards that have expired from 2019-2020 have been reactivated with a new expiration date of July 4, 2020.
- Library cards that were blocked due to fines have been temporarily unblocked in order to access digital materials.
- If you live in Burbank or Nottingham Park, you can register online for a digital library card. The digital library card will give you access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and our databases through our website.
If you have materials you have checked out, please note:
- All materials checked since March 1, 2020 will have a due date of June 1, 2020.
- Please hold on to your materials until the library is opened.
If you have questions on how to use them while we are closed, please contact us.
Click here for the Cook County Department of Public Health's page on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Click here for the State of Illinois page on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Click here for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19
AVAILABLE FOR LEARNING/ENTERTAINMENT WHILE AT HOME