The library is opened for browsing and computer use. Please limit your stays under an hour. Face masks for patrons above the age of two are required. If you would like to place an item on hold, please contact staff or use the SWAN Catalog. Once your items are ready for pick up, you can either come into the library or use our curbside pick up.
Curbside Pick Up Hours (Weather Permitting)
Monday – Thursday 10-6
Friday –Saturday 10-4
- Service starts Monday, June 1, 2020.
- This service is for Prairie Trails Public Library District Cardholders only
- Items available for pick up will be: select items that were on hold shelf prior to closure; items that we own and are on shelf; make and take crafts; tax forms; and print requests (max 5 pages per day/ per patron).
- Holds can be placed either online through the SWAN catalog or by phone (708-430-3688).
- We will notify you by phone when your material is ready for pick up, and provide instruction and arrange a pick up day and time.
- Once you arrive at the library, park in a numbered space. Call us at 708-430-3688 or you can text us at: 708-426-0050. If you do not have a cell phone, call us before leaving your home to let us know you are on the way.
- Please open your trunk so staff can place your items in your car without contact.
- If you are traveling by bike or foot, please let us know when we notify you that your material is ready. We will leave your items on a cart at your pre-designated pick up time.
- Please note, the library building is closed, public will not be allowed into the building at this time.
Materials are accepted for returrns. The book drop is open 24 hours a day. Materials can also be dropped off in the library during business hours. Please place items in the box labeled book returns. Please do not hand items to staff. All items will be placed in quarantine for 7 days before being checked in. Please make sure all parts of your item are returned.